A man in India went to the ER, complaining he was suffering from stomach pain after accidentally swallowing a pair of earbuds. However, doctors soon discovered it was another cell phone accessory that was causing his discomfort -- and it didn't gain entry through his mouth as he'd claimed.
X-rays of the man's bladder showed the cord for a cell phone charger, which he'd inserted through the hole in his penis, says Dr. Walliul Islam. "He came to us after five days, and despite passing stool several times, the cable did not come out," Islam tells CNN. After surgery to look inside the man's intestines produced similar results, doctors finally determined the pain was emanating from the man's bladder. "Then I made an incision there and took out the cord, which was actually a charging cable over two feet long," Islam says.
Although it's unclear why the man committed the cringe-worthy act, Islam believes it was to satisfy a kinky fetish. "I have read that people get sexual gratification by inserting instruments through the penis," he says. "This is one such case. If he had been honest then it would have saved us the trouble and we could have treated him sooner."