2017 was the hardest - and most incredible - year of my life.
Last night I got a notification on my iPhone that my 2017 "Best Of The Year" video was ready. So I popped it open and took a look.
And I was blown away.
You see, all of 2017 I had been lamenting the worst year of my life.
Watching the video, I was reminded of all the incredible things that happened along the way. Yes, a long and tumultuous relationship came to painful, screeching halt. Yes, I had to move out of my home and out on my own for the first time ever. Yes, I had to work a second job that I absolutely abhorred for a grand total of 366 days.
But here is what my last year REALLY was:
- I moved into an apartment that I LOVE
- My darling niece Nora was born on St. Patrick's Day (told you so, Aleks)
- I had my first ever dance solo in a performance
- I got to experience some pretty incredible concerts
- I saw my brother for the first time in years and met my fur-nephew Panzer
- My mother and I became the best of friends
- I was Chosen at Olivander's in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- I immortalized my story in some pretty rad tattoos
- I got a side-job at Barnes & Noble, a lifetime DREAM of mine
- I became on on-air talent - something I never even dreamed that I could do
Yeah, the big, bad things sucked. But that's not what life is about, those few moments that make you feel as though your life is crashing down around you.
Life is so much more.